If you love to rock the latest styles and want to learn ways to look fab without going broke – you’re in luck. As we look to Fashion Week to learn about the latest trends, we wanted share seven options to consider that are big on style, but not on price.
“Fashion fades, only style remains the same.” – Coco Channel
1. Trendy DIY Ideas
Making your own fashion trends is one of the best ways to express your personal style. Here are four fashion trends that are hitting the streets that you can make on your own:
- Rope Belt: One of the latest trends to hit the runway this fall is the rope belt, which can be made easily for a low price. Simply find a few ropes or fabric (perhaps of different colors) and tie them around your waist for a bohemian feel. You could try using curtain ties or use fabric from older clothes– don’t be scared to get creative and make it your own!
- Pendant Necklace: Want to wear a new pendant necklace? Buy the pendant online and then swap it out on one of your nice chains for a whole new necklace at a fraction of the cost.
- Skinny Scarf: Another new trend to hit the runway is the skinny scarf. This can be made easily from an old shirt or fabric.
- Artsy Tights: Want to remix your tights? Paint a trendy new design or saying on them with fabric paint or glitter.
2. Remix your outfits with a pop of color
One of the easiest ways to spruce up your wardrobe this season without breaking the bank is to add a pop of color. Look for accessories like wrap scarves, statement necklaces, and tights to give new life to older looks.
3. Out with the old
Have you ever heard the rule – if you haven’t worn it in six months – it’s time to let it go? It’s not the easiest task, but once you get rid of things that aren’t working for you, you’ll make room for some new items. Once you decide on what to part with, consider donating or selling your clothes.
Another trend that’s popping up is to host your own swap party. Invite your friends over and ask them all to bring a few items that they want to trade so everyone can get a few new to you pieces while having a girl’s night in.
4. Rent the runway
Got an upcoming special event? Why not rent your outfit instead! Assume that there will be pictures posted of you in your stellar look all over Instagram and Facebook, so you probably won’t want to wear the same outfit twice anyways. There are a bunch of websites that allow you to rent top name brand clothing and accessories.
5. Let the discounts come to you
Love a great deal? Then sign up for loyalty programs at your favorite retailers and get special savings sent directly to your email, text or mailbox. Some stores even allow you to combine those extra savings with sale rack items. Score!
6. Think outside the box (store)
Outlet and consignment stores can help you afford some stellar threads from top name brands at a fraction of the cost.
7. Time is money
Want to make sure your wardrobe will stand the test of time? Only buy a couple trendy items of the moment so you don’t have to start from scratch next year. A great way to build your wardrobe staples is to opt for neutral tones like black, gray and khaki that can go with everything.
Tell us how you look cool saving money in the comments below!
You May Also Be Interested In
The views and opinions expressed by the author are not necessarily those of BankMobile. The blogs are intended as general financial knowledge that may or may not be applicable to your individual needs. Always contact your accountant for tax advice.
All company/product/service mentions in this post are not intended as an endorsement and the views of that company do not represent the views of BankMobile or Customers Bank.